Thursday, September 15, 2005

Blog Name Changed : I am the Dad not the Donor of my DI Kids

There I did it. I changed the name of this blog. I liked the sound of the old name "Life as a Donor Insemination (DI) Dad" but the fact is that I am the Dad not the Donor. Hopefully this does not screw up some links but I think I made the right choice.

Janice, I know you voted for simply "I am the Dad" but I decided I wanted the name to be close as possible to the old name and also clearly indicate the main topic of this blog to be my relationship to my kids and referencing their creation. I want to hear from men who like me made this decision with their spouses or partners to be the Dad (or one of the two Dads) and not the biologically connected Donor.

This was a big switch for me folks as it seemed to me that the old title that I was more connected to my kids (no I do not imagine myself as the donor) but this title indicates as it should that I am the Dad by decision (and action) but not the physical action that we hoped would bring these kids into the world when I envisioned as a young man to becomming a father and dad (and I do believe these terms mean different things).

I love my kids and I know they love me.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Names are just words. It's what is in your heart that matters. You are the Dad and you will always be the Dad, no matter how you word it.
Keeping the words "donor insemination (DI) kids" in your title is a good idea because it will attract the people you are looking for, as google will pick up on it. Good luck!