Friday, December 17, 2010

Thinking of Max - Dynamo Dad


For some reason this evening I began thinking of Max and Vee. As a result I posted on my facebook page a drawing Max used as his profile picture on the above blog. Below that profile picture I stated the following:

"I wanted to say here now that I remember you Max and am proud that I knew you. Your wife and son were lucky to have you."

The thread that followed on facebook included the additional statements I posted:

"I met Max online after my own kids were borne but empathized with his and his wife's journey through infertility. They both blogged about the journey. Max's blog and reactions to it eventually led him to stop posting and when he got sick it was certainly not his focus. His wife Vee is a special lady as she went from the pains of infertility to watching her husband become sick and see that sickness destroy his body but rarely his spirit. They live across the planet from me but I wish I could have visited him before he left this place. I did not always agree with every position he took, nor he of me, but he was someone I will always remember and respect."

"I met Max at a time when I was much more active in the online blogging world discussing... a topic with real world consequences. He was one third of three blogs written by myself and one other friend dealing with donor conception all from a married heterosexuals men's perspective when few men would even think of even acknowledging a connection to the issue. I admired Max's spirit and belief that public recognition was not only needed but proactive conversation was required. Something I truly believed in and encouraged. Max was one of the men who followed me into that discussion."

Again I was thinking of Max today and wanted to let others know it.

3 comments:

ColourYourWorld said...

Eric, I am in tears.
Thank you.
Thank you for remembering Max, I never want him to be forgotten. I am also so glad he met you and he was too. He did learn a lot from you and also respected you.

I have memorial site setup on Facebook. I will send you the link.

Thank you so much.

DI_Dad said...

Vee - I found the memorial site tonight on my own. My thoughts are with all three of you. - Eric

Bea said...

I've been wondering what to say for a few days now.

I guess I just want to add that I am remembering him, too.

Bea