Friday, October 06, 2006

Intelligence Tests and What Your Dad & Donor Gave You

no. 278

Today is one of those days when I hope my son is somewhat like his donor. As I write this he is taking some sort of IQ test in order to qualify for a gifted program / school here in NYC. I say the donor as I have never thought myself to be highly intelligent and based on the donor's educational background he apparently was / is. It's silly for me to think this as I am not a dummy, I hold two professional licenses, and I consider myself to have better than average horse sense. But my son is not biologically mine and on a day like today you want every edge the kid can get.

I usually feel environment plays a big factor in an individual's life but the facts seem to be that if the “nature” genes are supporting the good environment teaching you at least have a head start and that would not be a bad thing.

So today little boy hopefully your own intrinsic curiousity together with what ever the donor gave you and what I taught you will come out while you take this test. And if you have a case of the silly's please just shake them out and listen politely to what the tester asks and try your best. I love you no matter what and I always will.

2 comments:

Hoot said...

My di son was the valedictorian of his high school class, graduated from a prestige private university with honors, and is now in his 4th year as a doctoral candidate in organic chemistry. I didn't graduate from college, but I can still beat him in jeopardy...
It's was all environment of course...;o). By the way my di daughter was also valedictorian...

DI_Dad said...

Pretty cool hoot. I'll be honest I don't care how he scores all I wanted was for him to stay in the room and finish. But he's only four so he's just being a four year old. If I didn't have safety fears at our local public school I would not even be having him deal with these school entrance type tests.