Wednesday, April 26, 2006

He Looks Just Like You

This topic is not a new one for me. Where it used to hurt me and serve as a reminder of my pain now I just smile and take it as a compliment.

Now that we moved to a new apartment I am commuting daily with my son to his old neighborhood school so he can finish the year with his friends. Today we got to the street his school is on a bit early so we stopped for a bagel (me) and a sprinkle donut (him). [Don't tell my wife]. Anyhow while sitting on a street bench a woman stopped to say how my son looks just like me. My son asked me what she said and I told him.

He just smiled and I smiled. I love him so much and he really is a great kid. So if someone tells me he looks like me I am now content and happy because it must be mean I am being a good daddy.

Note: It probably did not hurt that we were both wearing baseball style caps in the same manner.

1 comment:

ColourYourWorld said...

"I just smile and take it as a compliment" Good on you and I think you are being great daddy.
That is a very cute story your son sounds gorgeous.