Sunday, October 30, 2005

Normal Life 99%; DI 1% and Growing....

On the side of the 99%......Potty Training Update

My son has been potty trained now since about the first week of his pre-K classes. During those first weeks he had a few accidents at night and we did a lot of extra loads of laundry. We then decided that for us he would not be taking steps backward if we had him wear pull ups at night which has worked out well. Each day that his pull up shows he had no accidents at night we make a big deal of it and he is quite proud of himself.

During each of the last two nights he has woken up in the middle of the night and crawled into bed with us. He never co-slept with us when he was younger and his sleeping in our bed was always discouraged. Last night he apparently soaked his pull up and PJ bottoms and after discarding them in the bathroom he then crawled into our bed waking me up. After realizing what had happened I got him new bottoms and a pull up and got him back to his bed. The time change did not help but we’ll see what happens tonight.

On the 1% side…...

As noted by my two most recent posts I find myself becoming and wanting to become more involved in the DI / DC community. My genealogical work regarding my ancestral village seems les important to me now as I want to learn more about what the state of personal rights are for DI conceived individuals here in the US all planning to be able to answer whatever questions and concerns my kids may have as they get older and come to terms with all of this. I feel more and more that I have a duty to do this as their dad. I never want to be in a position that I cannot say I didn’t try. I never would want to think about this as their issue not mine and I know that would never be. I am approaching the point that I am not just thinking about my kids but all the others out there here in the US.

2 comments:

cmhl said...

just happened upon your blog, and found it well-written and fascinating. One of my close friends has two boys conceived via d.i., for the same reasons that you listed.

DI_Dad said...

If your friend is the dad or if the husband of your friend is interested I encourage him to check out the DI Dads yahoo group where dads are able to exchange comments and questions directly with other DI Dads. The link is available on the right side bar of this blog. And thank you very much for the compliments!