Monday, April 30, 2007

Dear Would-Be DI Dad To Be




no. 361

Linked through the title to this post is a letter written by Walter Merricks, one of the founders of the DC Network, to woudl be DI Dads. It was one of the first writings I read about donor conception when I started researching on line about the topic (after my kids were already born).
The letter was part of a series of letters written by DC Network associated individuals. It's an excellent starting point for any man looking at DI. To see the series go to the DC Network, link through to Library / Booklists / Planning a Family Leaflets.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Eric,

Like you, Walter's letter was one of the first things that I read when we set off down the DC route. It is wonderfully written and I found it incredibly helpful, even if it did move me to tears. I met Walter at a meeting last September and one thing that he said really stood out for me. He said that not being able to have children was one of the best things that ever happened to him. I shouldn't have been surprised considering where it has led him but I was still very impressed. I guess what he was saying was that life is about what you make of it, something that all of us could learn a lot from.

Richard