Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Questions to All Readers of this DI Dad Blog :

I have a few questions for the readers of my blog if you can answer them it would be interesting to see the responses:

(1) Are you considering DI or have used DI to help create your family?
(2) Are you a DI Dad, DI Mom, Birth Mom?
(3) Are you part of (1) a married hetero couple (2) Choice mom (3) LBGT family?
(4) What part of the country are you from?
(5) How did you find my blog?
(6) Have you read the NYTimes article published 11/20 linked to below? What are your thoughts?
(7) Do you think we need a national US based Donor Conception support organization here in the United States?

and

(8) What questions do you have for me as an open Dad to DI Kids?

Thanks,

DI_Dad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi DI_Dad,

I have been reading your blog looking for some hope, some understanding, some clarity.

I'm not sure that I am concidering it, well perhaps I am concidering using donor sperm, it's the idea that boggles me that I am in this situation. My husband and I just heard the news a couple of days ago and are still digesting it. We are from the south in the USA. I came across your blog after searching various strategies, options, and finally how others in our situation feel or felt.

I do have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. I am so affraid of using donor sperm, everything from what would this man pass down to my children, his mannerisms, traits, personality. He could be someone that I couldn't stand if I knew him, and I will unknowingly bare his children! I married my husband because I love Him and want to make a family with Him. It would feel as if I cheated. I want to look at my child and see my husband's eyes or smile, not a stranger. I'm so affraid that my husband will resent him/her or not feel an attatchment. I'm affraid of what it will do to our marriage, or worse, what Not having children will do to our marriage. I'm 25 and he is 40. He has 3 children, girls, from his first marriage. He so badly wants his boy.
How did you and your wife handle these concerns? I feel so overwhelmed, as if it can't be true, it can't be happening. I just want to keep trying ICSI with my husband's sperm. I'm so destroyed by this.

I must thank you in advance for being an outlet for me. Even if you never read this. We are not speaking to anyone in our family or circle of friends about our infertility issues. It's so much to keep inside.

Thank you.
God bless.