Friday, December 30, 2005

18 Months Old

This week my younger child, my little girl, turned 18 months old. I still can’t believe it and that in 6 more months she’ll turn 2. This is a magical age for a little kid. They are really walking and babbling up a storm. They understand you pretty much fully and they prove they are real little people

Today my wife brought both my little girl and her brother to my office for a brief visit so my co-workers could see how big she has gotten before we all went to the holiday train exhibit at the Citigroup Center here in Manhattan. As soon as they entered the office I heard, from across the floor, both of them saying “Where’s Daddy?” The sound of your own kids asking for you and saying “Daddy” for the most part makes your heart melt. I will admit though that after any three day weekend home, hearing “Daddy” twelve million times, that I’ll be waiting to get back to work. It doesn’t mean though that you ever want to stop hearing those words.

Every morning, my daughter wakes up at 5:30am give or take a ½ hour. I usually don’t even need the alarm on my phone to wake me up. As soon as she is awake it starts…“Da..dee” …“Da..dee”. It doesn’t stop until she sees me open her door and walk in and then I get that million dollar smile and a hug that I treasure every day.

My office-mate actually asked if my daughter knows any other words. She does, but none so sweet on the ears. Happy New Year !

No comments: