Saturday, January 14, 2006

Donor Baby: A Sperm Donor Journey

Tonight I found a new DC related blog written by a 29 year old single woman detailing her personal journey into the world of sperm donation and parenthood. The blog started in November 2005 is less than 15 posts old. The woman refers to herself as “Donor Mom To Be”.

In her November 8, 2005 post titled “Interviews Abound” Donor Mom describes the complex process of finding the “right” donor. Apparently she went through a lengthy interview process of known donors. and selected a married man who has kids who is actually the closest to her distance wise of those she was considering. One of her farthest interviewees was interested in becoming a lifelong co-parent which she had no interest in. Her post closes by indicating her pleasure at her selection as well as her observation that the chosen donor’s kids are gorgeous.

I wish Donor Mom good luck and I look forward to following her journey.

3 comments:

ColourYourWorld said...

Hi Donor Dad
I just had to tell you that I am so glad I found your blog, I love reading it. My husband and I have commenced the donor road. I have had many fears but reading your blog is very reassuring.
If you don't mind I am linking it to my blog.

thank you and all the best.
Vee

ps. I saw a doco interviewing a member of the Tangled Web (I am in Australia). The donor insisted that he was the father and to be called the childs father. Even though he had only met them at the age of 18. Very scary, I can understand you feeling threatened.

sweetvee.blogspot.com

Nathan Bonilla-Warford, OD said...

Hey.

Now that I got my comments straightened out, I just wanted to leave a note to say thanks for the comments and the link!

Keep up the good work!

donor mom to be said...

Hi there,

Thanks for the link to my blog. As you say, this is the very very beginning of my journey, and it could be a while before anything happens(!) but time will tell as things unfold. :-)

Regards,

Donor Mom To Be